Today, After Effects CC as well as many other applications by Adobe received a much welcome major update. There’s a lot of changes across all the Adobe apps, but I want to specifically focus on After Effects.
Some of the major changes include:
- Effect Masks & composition options for individual effects
- Two new keying effects: Key Cleaner and Advanced Spill Suppressor
- HTML5 panels using CEP for more dynamic and interactive content
- Kuler HTML5 panel
- Text templates in AE can be edited in Premiere
- Typekit integration improvements
- New and updated Curves effect
- Scripting changes
- And much more…
Chris and Trish Meyer wrote a nice in-depth article explaining some of the major updates to AE CC 2014, you can read that article here.
Here are the recommended tutorials mentioned on the show:
Hope you guys enjoyed the blog show format, I am still working out some of the kinks and trying to find a suitable balance between for the show. If you guys have any suggestions or feedback, feel free to leave them down below. Next week, we’ll talk about X-Particles in Cinema 4D, so stay tuned. In the meantime, update your Adobe apps and happy designing.